Monday, April 9, 2012

Seeing Seattle

Ross and I arrived to a warm welcome at Elisa and Jake's in South Lake Union.  After a short night on the town (mmmm, martinis . . . ) we returned to their home for a late night dinner that featured chicken and fresh veggies from Whole Foods.  Yummy fresh vegetables are such a treat to us tired, snow-bound Alaskans!

Junie and I took an early morning walk to the space needle.  Since she wouldn't take my picture, I had to settle for a self portrait.


Now, I love my "artsy" shot of the space needle reflected in the Jimi Hendrix Experience Museum building, although I have received comments that it looks like a palm tree, or worse . . . 


Here are two round orange things I enjoyed in Seattle:  a large, garrish, painted labyrinth on the pavement outside the museum and glazed, roasted grapefruit for breakfast!


In the afternoon we were treated to a wine tasting class with Elisa, Jake, and some of their friends.  Hard to tell from this photo if Jake or Ross had fun, but that lovely French lady knows how to have a good time with wine.  We sampled pinots: three whites and three reds, from Oregon, California, France, and Italy.  I must admit, my favorites come from the Dundee area in the Red Hills, Oregon.


No comments:

Post a Comment